Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Week of Up and Downs

Overall it was a good week. Rob worked a lot. When I say a lot, I mean a lot. Several days he left here at seven, and didn't get home until 1:00. He's currently snoring and I hope he doesn't wake up until tomorrow morning. He's got a few more tough days ahead of him.

Beth had an okay week. She ended up sick today and stayed home from church. Well I'm the only one I went and I substituted in Beth's class. It was an interesting day. We got the back to school supplies for Beth, and she is a tiny bit nervous about heading back to school. She doesn't know where the second grade classrooms are, and it is making her nervous. I'm reassuring her with the promise of Meet the Teacher in a few weeks.

Caleb announced that he is willing to go to preschool. That he is excited to go. He got a new backpack, which may be part of it. He finished up his bronchitis medicine, and now his dark circles are back under his eyes. I think I need to put him back on whole milk. That will make him happy. No soda, just whole milk with added cream. Then his circles might just go away.

Jacob is doing great as usual. Happy little guy. Today he kept throwing things down the stairs. He hit Beth with a toy train. Rob got on him about it. And Jacob was MAD! He went and got something to throw at Daddy. (What Rob didn't realize is that Beth was egging the entire thing on, from throwing stuff down the stairs to throwing stuff at Dad--so we had a little talk.)

As for me, I'm hanging in there. We had a few power outages this week, which gave me the incentive to clean out the fridge. Nothing like a real fresh start to your refrigerator. We also watched some kiddos, baked some cookies and tried to be nice people this week. The house stayed clean more than it was dirty. And that made me happy overall.

Keep smiling!

2 comments:

Gail said...

Always enjoy reading your blogs Mim and catching up on what the family is doing.
All the throwing that happened was going on while I was on the phone with Rob so he was distracted.
Be sure to keep giving the kids vitamins. It sounds like allergies that may be causing the circles too.
Sure miss all of you!
Love to all!

Unknown said...

I loved the last three lines of this post!! :D Hope Caleb continues to get better and that Rob gets some well deserved rest soon!