Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Beach!

Rob will have to be responsible for pictures, but we just got back from a very relaxing weekend at the beach. We went down with Rob's family to North Myrtle Beach and it was so nice. I was a little concerned when the trip was planned, because I despise crowds. I hate feeling crowded and rushed and ick. But the resort we stayed at was nice, and I didn't feel crowded at all, except on the elevator. It was also super nice to be with Rob's family. His sister Karen and her family came down, as well as Chris and Gail and Eldon. Super fun!

Jacob loved the sun, and the sand. He had no fear and loved to play in the waves. Rob waded out with him, until the waves were up to Rob's chest and they had a lot of fun playing in the surf. he also loved to sit in the tide pools and just dig in the sand. And of course he loved the pool at the hotel. The entire time he just hung on to Rob. I think he loved the extra attention he was getting from his dad.

Caleb was a wild man. He wasn't so interested in the ocean, but loved to dig in the sand and the tide pools. He paddled around on a boogie board in the tide pools and made an awesome castle all by himself. When I went to get him, the tide was washing up and over the castle. It didn't phase Caleb, he kept telling me that it was okay and that we could just build it again. Which we did three times! But then I told him it was time to go up to the pool again. He stayed outside all day both days we were at the beach. At the hotel he loved the hot tub and would strike up conversations with whomever was in there with him.

Beth had a lot of fun as well. She and Chloe played together a lot. Beth went and jumped the waves. She got pretty brave a few times and would wade out until it was nearly waist deep. She also went for a walk on her own (and got in trouble for it) to collect sea shells. She was sad to go.

On the way home we visited the US North Carolina. A retired battleship from WWII. It was interesting, but not a place for little kids. So many places that the boys could fall through and crazy stairs. Plus it was crazy hot. Rob wants to go back for the ghost tour in October. That's why we went, because there was an episode on Ghosthunter that featured the boat. We don't know why there would be ghosts. Only ten people died on the ship and it was only in commission for about five years. I remember that the episode wasn't very exciting.

Rob is headed back to work tomorrow. Work will start to get busy for him again, because school is starting back up. He has some early classes this year, so he won't be able to stay up until 1:00 anymore.

We still haven't gotten Beth's school letter. She's starting to panic. I may go check the mail again, since I don't think it's come yet. Meet the Teacher is Friday, and if it comes down to it, we can just visit the office on the way to school.

As for me, I will finish up my current draft of my novel, and start submitting it to agents this week. One of my top five agents opened herself to submissions for this month. I've got to get in the window. Plus it's time. A year is long enough. I'm looking forward to a little more structure to my days. So that I can get more down.

Take care!

3 comments:

Rich said...

Yeah!! Congrats on the novel! GOOD LUCK!

Gail said...

Glad yall enjoyed the vacation too. I have one little correction though....that was 10 men who died on the ship....not worked. I'm sure that's what you meant.Good luck with the book, we'll keep our fingers crossed.

rajagiri said...

how old is Jacob? happy weekend.