Thursday, March 19, 2009

Caleb and the NCAA playoffs

Last night Rob and I had a slight disagreement about the NCAA playoffs. We got in an argument about how the bracket system worked. It was not about teams--neither of us know anything about teams. I entered a contest (not gambling no money involved) to see if I could possibly win a free query critique which involved me filling out some bracket thing. I've never done this before, but I get the whole concept of the rank etc. Anyway I totally digress--Rob and I were arguing because I out of nostalgia and other loyal instincts had BYU go to the Final Four. Realistically it may hurt my chances of winning, but again you never know--my brilliance may just land me that contest.

Point of sharing the argument is this: Caleb heard us talking about the basketball and immediately asked to watch. I told him it didn't start until tomorrow.

So this afternoon--on his own--he comes and asks to watch basketball. And there are games on.

So I turn it on, and he watches for more than an hour!

So where did we get this strange child who loves sports, playing and watching, when his dad doesn't?

Hmmm?

3 comments:

Rich said...

cool! maybe he and Miles can hang out because he is loving baball lately.

oh yeah, Caleb is welcome at our house anytime.

Gail said...

Maybe from his Pap.....he's following this March madness too!

Anonymous said...

I don't know but he has Paps and he has a fanatic Papa. We both know Ppas abd Papa he is our grandson. The genes are right there.
Papa