Sunday, March 8, 2009

Prayers for Jacob Please!

Before I incite panic--just a note of explanation. Jacob goes in for surgery on Tuesday. It's nothing major, but he has like six (I know six--what does that say about me as a mom?) cavities. There are all minor, but he is so little that no dentists will work on him when he's awake. So he is having general anesthesia to get the work done. I'm a little worried about it, but he should be okay.

This last week was bit crazy weather wise. We did get the snow on Monday--so no school. Then it was in the seventies yesterday! Beautiful day. Rob took the kids hiking, and they had a lot of fun. Beth's Easter vacation has been reduced by two days to make up snow days. It really isn't a happy thing. But it will be okay.

Beth is growing up so fast. She has an answer for everything, and is always planning elaborate games for her and the boys to play. She is going to enter the Young Writers and Illustrators Contest again this year. I'm super excited for that.

Caleb has had a bloggable week. I've actually stopped myself from popping on to post some of the things that he said, because there were so many of them. After being the EYE of THE TIGER. He became a dragon that could fly and breathe fire out of his mouth. He promised that he wouldn't burn the house down. On the hike he insisted on packing his own bag. When he left the house he had his walkie talkies, binoculars and a Leapster in his bag. Somewhere along the way he collected ten big rocks, and some pine cones, that he made Rob carry for him.

Jacob's is his happy loving self. He always greets me with a happy hug. He is also a chocolate monster. If there is chocolate in the house, he knows where it is and will do everything in his power to get it. He is doing better with words. This week he mastered dog (correctly), duck (correctly) and is now signing drink and saying it at the same time. He also has approximated his name acob. No being sound, and the b isn't always a b, but it's a good sign.

That's the basic family news. I'm pretty much the same. Still plugging away, working hard. This week I've been listening to The Killers a lot. I really, really like that band. Honestly it's been a long time since I've liked a new band. The last band I fell in love with was Barenaked Ladies.

Here are a few photos from the hike Rob and the kids went on:






2 comments:

Gail said...

Oh My! Jacob will certainly be in our prayers and I already have him on the prayer roll at the temple.
Please give him some granmaw loving from me....lots of hugs, kisses and tickling.
Loved the photos...I was hoping that the kids were out and about with our beautiful weather.
Miss you all!

Taliatha said...

Good luck Jacob!!