Sunday, March 1, 2009

Nada, Nada, Nada

Well I almost didn't post tonight. There really isn't a lot to talk about. I'm glad that last week is over! Beth got sick. She ran a high fever of at least 102 for a day and a half. We took her to the doctor and the strep test came back negative. I haven't seen Beth so sick since she was a baby--she didn't have the energy to walk. She crawled and would take frequent breaks lying down and actually falling asleep on her way. I kept telling her to call me when she wanted to move, so I could carry her--but she didn't. She slept all day Thursday, and was feeling better Friday--though we kept her home. She's got a cough but is over the worst of it.

Caleb and Jacob have managed to avoid getting sick. Though they are both sleepier than normal. We will see what the next week brings. There is a whole lot of nasty going around. Friday was fort day. There was a big blanket fort in the front room.  And the kids turned the bunk bed into a fort or tent. They had a lot of fun--Caleb backed a backpack and went on a hike through the house. He was very careful of the bears that live in the kitchen.

A wicked winter storm is threatening us here. We are on the edge of the storm, which means we may or may not get snow. It's been cold and rainy all weekend. So I'm more worried about a wintery mix, but the weather man doesn't seem to be. I'll trust him. School is on delay though! love sleeping in.

My book list challenge
22. Major Crush
23. How Not to Spend Your Senior Year
24. The Boys Next Door 
25. Something Borrowed.

So these books are complete fluff. They all remind me of the Sweet Dream books that I devoured when I was in middle school. Major Crush was fun, because it was about band. That brought back high school memories. Fun stuff--of course these books all had happy endings. 

Well that's it! Have a good week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor Beth! There is a whole lot of nasty going around - lol. The book list sounds fun. I am reading the last lecture right now and am really enjoying that too...Hope you boys are still well! You have inspired me to make a big fort today :)