Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Quiet Weekend

This weekend has been very quiet for me. For Rob, not so much. He had a reunion of sorts with a bunch of his adolescent friends. (I just wanted to use the word adolescent). I know he's had a great time. The kids went with them and spent the weekend with cousins and Grandma. I really appreciate Gail letting me stay home and get some work done. I know she must be exhausted by now.

Currently I'm still home alone, and just waiting for the kids to get back. I most likely have a few more hours to do. Today I'm mostly just relaxing.

I had the opportunity to read a book on Contentment. I'll actually be reviewing it on my Families blog. It really gave me a chance to sit back and think about how blessed I am to be a mom. And a weekend to reflect and enjoy the peace and quiet helped too. Really I have three of the most awesome kids in the entire world. They are all sweet, smart and fun--most of the time. I was sitting in Sacrament and throughout all of the church meetings today, and looking around at all the babies. And I realized that as cute as they were (and they were all cute) I wasn't baby hungry. Wow! Not that I've ever been a baby hungry type of person. But I just feel like right now is not the time for us to grow our family. That doesn't mean that it won't ever be, but for right now it's not.

So this is a pretty random post, I'll admit it. As I look back over the week, I'm just kind of wondering what happened. Jacob ran a fever for a few days, but seems to be fine now. He did miss speech this week because of it. That made me sad. Caleb and Jacob got water guns and spent a lot of time in the tub. They are both so happy in the water. It almost makes me want to buy a pool, but not really. Beth did well in school. She's going to bring home her big art project soon. She worked on it all last quarter and it is a sculpture of some sort.

Next week is conference, and I love General Conference. I hope that you all can take the time to listen to at least one session. The entire thing is just awesome!

Well that's about it, news wise. Rob may post more, he may not. He sounded worn out when I talked to him on the phone. He was out late both nights he was gone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Gail for being a great Grandma. Mim did you get to write any? Your children are beautiful and you and Rob are the best parents.
Love,
Mom and Nana

Unknown said...

I enjoyed my quiet weekend too. :) I cleaned the house and it stayed clean - amazing!!

But of course it is great to have everyone home, making messes and all. I'll take it.